Cucumber, with a nutritional quotient that exceeds that of many other vegetables, features in numerous ‘super foods’ lists. Learn why you should eat them as often as you can –
- Cucumbers are 95% water. This means, it is a great way to hydrate the body and get rid of toxins naturally.
- Cucumbers contain anti-cancerous properties. Research has proven how cucumbers can help you cut down the risk of cancer.
- As great sources of silica, cucumbers help promote the health of your bones, especially the joints. They are known to promote the power of endurance in your connective tissues.
- Cucumber aids weight-loss. Cucumber salads and soups are ideal when you are on a fitness diet. Team it with low-fat yogurt on your way to enjoyable health.
- Chewing on raw cucumber promotes the strength of your jaw muscles. Besides, raw cucumbers are fiber-rich.
- Cucumbers are known to balance out the acids in the body. This has proven to be beneficial to the kidneys.
- Cucumbers replenish minerals like potassium and magnesium that are important for healthy skin. Therefore, cucumber-based treatments are such a hit at spas!